How do I reset my password for osCommerce?
osCommerce uses .htaccess and .htpasswd format files to manage the protection on the admin section of your shop. If you want to change the password or username associated with the admin section, you need to create a new .htpasswd entry. This is an encrypted password oscommerce uses to protect the admin area.
- First browse to where the .htpasswd file is located through the cpanel's file manager.
- Click on file manager in the control panel.
- You should be in the home directory, click on the .htpasswds folder icon
- Click on the public_html folder
- Navigate to the oscommerce installation folder then to the admin folder
- You will see a file passed click on the name of this file, and select edit in the top right hand side menu
- Now go to our page for creating an .htpasswd, this will help you create .htpasswd.
- Copy the result text and paste it into the file you are editing from the file manager.
- Click save at the bottom of the edit page form.
You should now be able to log into the osCommerce admin section with the new username and password.
Was this answer helpful?
If you installed a new script and are getting the 500 error trying to load the page please see...
Yes you do receive a Site Seal when you purchase an SSL Certificate.
A CAPTCHA is a program that protects websites against bots by generating and grading tests that...
Web Calendar is available to install under 'Other Services' in the 'Fantastico' feature under the...
Sometimes, for one reason or another, you will have no index file in your directory. This will,...