How do I create a MySQL backup?
There are two ways to back up your MySQL databases. You can use the backup utility in your cPanel account or you can manually backup using phpMyAdmin.
To manually backup using phpMyAdmin follow these steps:
- Login to your control panel at www.yourdomain.com/cpanel
- Click on 'phpMyAdmin' under the 'Databases' menu
- From the dropdown list to the left, choose the database you wish to export the backup from.
- Click on the 'Export' Tab.
- Click the 'Select All' link shown in blue, then tick the 'Save as file' box and 'Go'.
- You will be asked to save the .sql file to the hard drive, click 'Save'.
- Choose the location to save to and click 'Save'.
Your database has now been exported.
Was this answer helpful?
To import a database follow the below steps:I have a backup of my database that I need to...
To add yourself to the whitelist so that you can connect to mysql remotely using admin tools such...
To connect to a MySQL database from Dreamweaver follow the below steps:Login to your cPanel...
To restore a MySQL database please follow the below steps:- Login to your control panel...
The command line option from SSH is: mysql -d -p database_name > file.sql. Where...